Professional development in communications has a great return on investment. Both you and your audience benefit.
Clear communication about what you do means more people understand your work. It also means they have the information they need to connect with it.
Schedule your individual or group training or consultation.
- undergraduate students
- graduate students
- student groups
- scholarly organizations
- academic departments
My goal is to be as green as possible. My online training and workshops are “highly engaging” and “fun.”
Or, take my online courses in social media and academic websites.
I designed these online courses with your busy schedules in mind
Develop your social media skills to share your work across platforms
Cross-Platform Social Media for Academics is an online, self-paced writing course that teaches you skills to communicate effectively on social media.
- Cross-platform writing
- How to communicate news, events, achievements, and your work life
- Best practices for your bios and profile photos
- Hashtags, tags, location, and more
- Scheduling and planning
- Tools Training (photo editing, Canva + Buffer)
Write and design content for your personal academic website
This NEW course is all about your personal academic website.
Create a Personal Academic Website, walks you through each step of the way.
- plan and build an academic website
- write a clear academic bio
- host documents like your CV
- showcase publications
- create graphics and write content for your site
- share speaking engagements and accomplishments
I also offer 1:1 or small group training, and webinars
I offer individual and group training on online image and social media for academics, researchers, and writers.
Let me customize training and informational webinars for your group or organization.
- Effective Communication Practices for Social Media
- Social Media and Academics [general or platform-specific]
- LinkedIn for Researchers and Academics
- Communicate Your Work Online
- Personal Academic Websites
- Creating an Audience for your Academic Work
- Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
- Social Media for Students
- Social Media for Students: Job Market Edition
- How to Curate an Online Identity
- Your Online Presence on the Job Market
Here’s what people are saying
Groups and organizations love how “tailored” and “engaging” my talks are. Whether you need a webinar or workshop, I’m here to help.
“Using Instagram to Share Your Research”
An invited webinar for the Association for Research in Vision + Opthalmology (ARVO) |
Science Communication Training Fellowship Faculty
This webinar discussed the best practices for using Instagram for scientists. It included a master lesson on using Instagram to promote community and outreach events.
It covered everything from where to find photos, what information to include in the description, and how to update your profiles.
Social Media for Students: Job Market Edition
An invited workshop for the UL Lafayette English Department | for undergraduate Technical Writing Students
Employers are highly likely to Google you, so students in this workshop learn the importance of checking in, privacy settings, and keeping their profiles up-to-date for the job market.
94% of attendees felt the info in this workshop was ‘very’ or ‘extremely’ clear.
64% would recommend this workshop to a friend or colleague.
“Easy to read and pay attention to!”
“I liked that it has a lot of interaction and it was geared towards students.”