A personal website that highlights your research, writing, and accomplishments is the best way to manage your online presence. Whether you need a basic profile or a more dynamic, interactive portfolio, I’m here to help you communicate your work with the public.
Strategic Website Planning is my 4-step proven process. Get as much or as little help as you need. This process ensures your website works for you long-term. It helps you prioritize what will make the most impact: what’s most important for you.
- Strategic website plan
- Content creation
- Website creation
4 steps to your personal website with Jennifer van Alstyne
Step 1. Website audit
Do you have a website already? I’ll audit your website to see what’s working, and what’s not.
You’ll get a
- Video audit of your website page-by-page
- Personalized checklist for quick changes you can make now with lasting impact
Don’t have a website yet? You’ll start at Step 2.
Step 2. Strategic website plan
Strategic planning is the best way to ensure your website works for you long-term. My proven approach to website design has helped
We’ll meet on Zoom for interviews about your goals and resources. Then I’ll create your Strategic Website Plan which includes
- PDF blueprints for the layout and organization of your new website (website wireframes to see what your website can look like)
- Your website goals
- Analysis of your best option for website host, domain name, and site title
- Audience analysis (who will visit your website and what they need)
- Planning for written content needed to create your main pages
- Call-to-Action analysis for top pages to help your website visitors take the next steps (like reading your publications or reaching out)
- Keyword plan for search engine optimization (SEO) to better understand how people can find your website
- Suggested list of visual content needed
- Guidelines for visual content (images, graphics, video)
- Your next steps
- Options to continue working with me (step 3)
- A written report
- PDF blueprints for your website
- A live presentation with plenty of time for questions on Zoom
For individuals, $2,200-$3,000+ USD
Some people choose to complete their website project do-it-yourself (DIY). Your strategic plan has everything you need to help along the way. Or, work with my trusted website design partner (Squarespace and WordPress websites) to get your website launched!
Step 3. Content creation
Website projects tend to have a lot of steps from idea to launch. The busy academics I work with are often too busy to write their own website pages. I’m here to help with content creation services like
- Bio / About page writing
- Writing the pages for your website
- Formatting / Editing
- Graphic design
- Logo design
Content packages range from $1,200-$17,000+.
Step 4. Website Creation
Work with our trusted website design and development partner to get your website up and running. This service is for WordPress and Squarespace websites ($2,500+).
Jennifer is happy to attend your final website review meeting to make any last needed changes before taking your website live.
Here’s what to expect
Ready to get started?
If we’re a good fit to work together, I’ll send along a detailed proposal for your review. Your start date is reserved with your signed contract and paid invoice.
Email me for my private scheduling link at firstname.lastname@example.org