Your website is the most important way you communicate online. Reach people who care about your work around the world online.
Jennifer van Alstyne works with labs, groups, research centers, and organizations around the world on website and content strategy.
Most groups that work with me have a website already that isn’t meeting their needs. Whether you’re heading into a re-design or you’re creating a new website, The Academic Designer LLC is here to help.
Strategic Website Planning is a 3-step proven process that ensures the goals of your stakeholders are heard. Get the website you and your audiences need.
3 steps to your website with Jennifer van Alstyne
Step 1. Website audit
Do you have a website already? I’ll audit your website to see what’s working, and what’s not.
You’ll get a
- Video audit of your website to discover what changes will make the most impact
- Written report reviewing your website page-by-page
- Personalized checklist of easy fixes you can make now that have lasting impact
For labs, groups, and organizations, $1,400-$2,000+ USD
Don’t have a website yet? You’ll start at Step 2.
Step 2. Strategic website plan
Strategic planning is the best way to ensure your website works for you long-term. My proven approach to website planning has helped
- research labs
- research centers
- academic departments
We’ll meet on Zoom to talk about your goals and resources. Most groups I work with have stakeholders it’s helpful to involve in the project. In the interview stage, I’ll meet with stakeholders 1:1 to understand their goals.
Whether you’re looking to re-design your website, improve your content, or are making a new website, I’m here to help.
Your Website Plan includes
- PDF blueprints for the layout and organization of your website (website wireframes that show what your website can look like visually)
- Your website goals
- Your best option for website host, domain name, and site title
- Audience analysis (who will visit your website and their needs)
- Call-to-Action analysis for each page in the plan to help your website visitors take the next steps
- List of written content needed to create your pages
- Recommendations for supplements to your website
- Keyword plan for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Guidance on visuals for your goals (images, graphics, and video)
- Suggested list of visual content needed
- Tips for web writing
- Planning your next steps
Once your website plan is complete, we’ll meet for a live presentation and Q&A on Zoom. All stakeholders are welcome to attend.
For labs, groups, and organizations, $3,200-$5,000+ USD
Some people choose to complete their project with a website developer or in-house. Your strategic plan has everything you need to prepare your content so it’s ready to place.
Optional add-ons for Step 2 include
- About page writing
- Bios for your group
- Logo design
- Additional 1:1 interviews (great for research centers, organizations, and colleges who need to meet the needs of many stakeholders)
Step 3. Website and content creation
Website projects tend to have a lot of steps from idea to launch. There’s content to gather, pages to write, and graphics to design.
Continue working with The Academic Designer LLC for bespoke website services like
- Writing the pages for your website
- Graphic design (web graphics, infographics, brochures)
- Document design (downloadable PDFs, media kits)
- Basic website set-up (creation of pages, menus, and placement of content you create) $3,000-$7,500 USD
- Website creation (a full implementation of the plan with creation of content), $8,000-$40,000+ USD
Here’s what to expect
Ready to get started?
Let’s set up a time to meet in my Zoom conference room to chat about your project.
If we’re a good fit to work together, I’ll send along an estimate for your review. Your start date is reserved with your signed contract and paid invoice.
Email me for my private scheduling link at Jennifer@TheAcademicDesigner.com