Your website is the most important way you communicate online. Reach people who care about your work around the world with your website.
Jennifer van Alstyne works with labs, groups, and organizations around the world on website and content strategy.
Strategic Website Planning is a 3-step process.
3 steps to your website with Jennifer van Alstyne
Step 1. Website audit
Do you have a website already? I’ll audit your website to see what’s working, and what’s not. You’ll get a written report which reviews your website page-by-page.
For labs, groups, and organizations, $1,200+ USD
Don’t have a website yet? You’ll start at Step 2.
Step 2. Strategic website plan
Strategic planning is the best way to ensure your website works for you long-term. My proven approach to website design has helped
- research labs
- research centers
- academic departments
We’ll meet on Zoom to talk about your goals and resources. If it makes sense for your project, I’ll schedule interviews with members of your group/lab to ensure all your website goals are met.
You’ll get everything you need to make your website:
- PDF blueprints for the layout and organization of your new website (website wireframes)
- Analysis of your best option for website host, domain name, and site title
- Audience analysis
- Detailed list of written content needed to create your main pages
- Call-to-Action analysis for top pages to help your website visitors take the next steps
- Keyword plan for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Suggested list of visual content needed
- Long-term goal analysis and planning
- Options to continue working with me (Step 3)
For labs, groups, and organizations, $2,800+ USD
Some people choose to complete their project with a website developer or do-it-yourself (DIY). Your strategic plan has everything you need to help along the way.
Optional add-ons for Step 2 include
- Bio / About page writing
- Logo design
- Additional 1:1 interviews (great for research centers, organizations, and businesses who need to meet the needs of many stakeholders)
Step 3. Website and content creation
Website projects tend to have a lot of steps from idea to launch. There’s content to gather, pages to write, and graphics to design.
Continue working with me for bespoke website services like
- Writing the pages for your website
- Graphic design (web graphics, infographics, brochures)
- Document design (downloadable PDFs, media kits)
- Basic website set-up (creation of pages, menus, and placement of content you create) $3,000-$6,000
- Website creation (a full implementation of the plan with creation of content), $7,500-$35,000+
Here’s what to expect
Ready to get started?
Let’s set up a time to meet in my Zoom conference room to chat about your project.
If we’re a good fit to work together, I’ll send along an estimate for your review. Your start date is reserved with your signed contract and paid invoice.
Email me for my private scheduling link at Jennifer@TheAcademicDesigner.com