A personal website that highlights your research, writing, and accomplishments is the best way to manage your online presence. Whether you need a basic profile or a more dynamic, interactive portfolio, I’m here to help you communicate your work with the public.
Strategic Website Planning is my 3-step proven process. Get as much or as little help as you need. This process ensures your website works for you long-term. It helps you prioritize what will make the most impact: what’s most important for you.
- Strategic website plan
- Website and content creation
3 steps to your personal website with Jennifer van Alstyne
Step 1. Website audit
Do you have a website already? I’ll audit your website to see what’s working, and what’s not. You’ll get a written report which reviews your website page-by-page.
For individuals, $500+
Don’t have a website yet? You’ll start at Step 2.
Step 2. Strategic website plan
Strategic planning is the best way to ensure your website works for you long-term. My proven approach to website design has helped
- research labs
- research centers
- academic departments
We’ll meet on Zoom to talk about your goals and resources. You’ll get everything you need to make your website:
- PDF blueprints for the layout and organization of your new website (website wireframes)
- Analysis of your best option for website host, domain name, and site title
- Audience analysis
- Detailed list of written content needed to create your main pages
- Call-to-Action analysis for top pages to help your website visitors take the next steps
- Keyword plan for search engine optimization (SEO)
- Suggested list of visual content needed
- Long-term goal analysis and planning
- Options to continue working with me (step 3)
- Written report + PDF blueprints for your website
- A video presentation and walkthrough of your plans on Zoom + plenty of time for Q&A
For individuals, $1,600+
Some people choose to complete their project with a website developer or do-it-yourself (DIY). Your strategic plan has everything you need to help along the way.
Step 3. Website and content creation
Website projects tend to have a lot of steps from idea to launch. There’s content to gather, pages to write, and graphics to design.
Continue working with me for bespoke website creation services like
- Writing the pages for your website
- Bio / About page writing
- Graphic design
- Basic website set-up (creation of pages, menus, and placement of content you create) $1,000-$2,400
- Website creation (a full implementation of the plan with creation of content), $4,000-$25,000+
Here’s what to expect
Ready to get started?
If we’re a good fit to work together, I’ll send along a detailed proposal for your review. Your start date is reserved with your signed contract and paid invoice.
Email me for my private scheduling link at email@example.com