Professional Writing, Social Media + Recruitment
Jennifer van Alstyne was part of the first professional writing team for the University of Louisiana at Lafayette English Department before founding The Academic Designer LLC. Jennifer
- conducted market research
- designed graphics for event promotion
- audited the department website
- created new web content geared towards recruitment
- assisted in the creation and implementation of official social media accounts and social media planning
- drafted training guides for future team members
- created a system for updating faculty, student and staff profiles
- created a system for collecting and disseminating department achievements, events, and announcements across platforms
About Jennifer’s work
“Thank you for all your efforts—you’ve done a fantastic job! Congratulations on your new degree—see you next Friday!” —@ullafayette
View this post on Instagram
#Learn, #read, #write, and #study with us @ullafayette @ulgradschool @ulenglishdept. . . We offer #MA and #PhD programs in #English with concentrations in #creativewriting #litstudies #culturalstudies #folklore #TSOL #professionalwriting #linguistics and #more. . . 🎥Animation made with @plotaverse by @jennifer.van.alstyne
Promote an event, program, or announcement.
Promote a publication, reading series, event, or lecture.
Course banners are designed for online courses and course pages (i.e. Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas).
Jennifer van Alstyne is a Peruvian-American poet and public relations consultant. She founded The Academic Designer, LLC to help academics, researchers, and writers control their online presence and share their work with the world.
She holds a B.A. from Monmouth University in English, and an M.F.A. from Naropa University in Writing & Poetics where she was the Jack Kerouac Fellow. Jennifer also holds an M.A. from University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Literature and Cultural Studies where she was one of four master’s fellows and a finalist for the Outstanding Master’s Graduate Award.